A Legacy of Community Support
Mount Sinai Medical Center was founded in 1949 by a group of philanthropists who sought to establish a place where Jewish physicians could freely practice medicine and all persons regardless of “race, creed or color” could receive high quality medical care. More than six decades later, Mount Sinai remains a not-for-profit hospital providing vital healthcare services to all citizens. To meet the public’s expectation for quality medicine, regardless of a patient’s ability to pay, Mount Sinai Medical Center Foundation preserves the hospital’s rich tradition of philanthropy and community support.
Your Gift Brings Hope and Healing to Patients in our Community
Through their generous contributions, our donors have made a significant impact on the quality of care available at Mount Sinai Medical Center. They have provided funding in support of charity care and purchased vital medical equipment for the medical center, including:
- One Siemens-Artis Zee floor mount unit for the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- One Stryker neuronavigation system that enables surgeons to use minimally invasive techniques to treat correctable dementia and certain types of strokes with greater ease and precision
- State-of-the-art respiratory ventilators for the intensive care unit, as part of an ongoing fleet upgrade
- 3-D probes that provide superior image quality in transesophageal echocardiograms
- Fracture tables for orthopaedic surgery and operating room tables for general surgical procedures
- Steris System 1E automated system for sterilizing endoscopes after gastrointestinal procedures
- LifePack 20 defibrillators to revive patients after experiencing a cardiac arrest, as part of a hospital-wide campaign to place defibrillators in every department
- Sensis hemodynamic monitoring systems that allow doctors to rapidly and accurately analyze patient vital signs and intra-cardiac heart pressure in real time during cardiac procedures
- Infusion smart pumps to prevent potential infusion related medical errors and enhance patient safety
But don’t take our word for it. Click here to learn how our donors’ support is making a real difference in the lives of patients.