The orthopaedic emergency team at Mount Sinai is available 24 hours a day to provide care for people who experience a traumatic accident or injury. The orthopaedic surgeons provide treatment for major and minor fractures, nerve and tendon injuries, dislocations and others orthopaedic injuries. Leaders in minimally invasive procedures for highly specialized reconstructive surgeries, Mount Sinai’s emergency orthopaedic team’s treatments include:
- Acute and subacute fractures
- Complicated fractures including: pelvic, hip and joint, as well as multiple extremity fractures and fracture dislocations
- Non-healing fractures
- Complex orthopaedic reconstruction or osteomyelitis
- Minimally invasive procedures to insert and anchor plates – resulting in less scarring, faster healing and fewer complications
- Minimally invasive hand and shoulder procedures using the latest micro-surgical techniques. Our upper extremity surgeons provide comprehensive care to patients with conditions ranging from sports and work injuries to degenerative and congenital problems.