As Hurricane Matthew pushes through our area, Mount Sinai Medical Center continues to closely monitor the storm’s path, and we have made the necessary arrangements to ensure that patient care continues without interruption. The safety and well-being of our patients and staff are our top priorities and our nurses and other care providers will be on-hand throughout the course of the storm. Please note the following below in regard to our hours of operation in the following days:
- Mount Sinai Physician Practice Visits at Satellite Offices (Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Sunny Isles Beach, Hialeah, and Key West) – are all closed Thursday, October 6th and will reopen as soon as possible on Friday, October 7th.
- All Emergency Departments will remain open
- Main Campus Emergency Department
- Aventura Free Standing Emergency Department
- Mount Sinai Medical Center is open
- Expectant mothers: mothers who are high risk or have scheduled deliveries have been contacted individually. Mount Sinai will offer shelter for maternity patients who are 36 weeks pregnant or more.
- Elective Main Campus Services will continue through 12pm today and close for the remainder of the day. This includes:
- Operating Room cases
- Outpatient procedures
- Cardiac Cath Lab procedures
- Diagnostic Imaging (main campus and Aventura)
- Cancer Center & Radiation Oncology appointments (main campus and Aventura)
- Sleep Lab appointments
- Outpatient Rehabilitation appointments
As of today, services will be open on Friday, October 7th, however please check back for updates.