Poised at the forefront of cancer care, Mount Sinai's Division of Radiation Oncology is dedicated to the use and development of the most precise and effective radiation therapies resulting in fewer side effects and complications for our patients. To that end, Mount Sinai is the only South Florida facility to offer the state-of-the-art Trilogy system, which delivers image guided radiation therapy (IGRT), the most accurate system available for pinpointing and treating cancerous lesions in the brain and other parts of the body. The Division of Radiation Oncology continues to pioneer new applications of existing techniques, including MammoSite radiation therapy to target cancer from within the breast, and prostate seed implantation which helps reduce radiation damage to surrounding tissues and nerves.
- Radiation oncology care for patients with cancers of the head and neck, brain, breast, prostate and urological systems; usually offered in combination with surgery and/or chemotherapy
- Specialists in advanced internal radiation, or brachytherapy, which dramatically reduces patient recovery time
- Radiotherapy via the cutting-edge Trilogy system, offering image guided radiation therapy, intensity modulation radiotherapy, and stereotactic radiosurgery
- Superficial X-ray therapy for superficial skin lesions
- Weekly conferences to assess and manage various pathologies
- Ongoing research and teaching to keep radiation oncologists at the forefront of scientific advances
For more information on radiation oncology, click here.
Nicolas Kuritzky, MD
Chief, Division of Radiation Oncology