Meet our Staff
Medical Director Wien Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders
Christian Medical College, Vellore, India. 1972 - 1974
- Resident in Neurology, J.J. Hosp. & Grant Medical Coll. Bom¬bay and Jaslok Hospital, Bombay. 1974 - 1975
- Resident, Int. Med. & Neurology, Old Church Hosp. Romford, Essex, U.K. 1975 - 1977
- Resident, Neurology, St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO. 1977-1979
- Resident, Neurology, Thomas Jefferson Univ. Hosp. Philadelphia, PA. 1979- 1980
Medical Staff Fellow, Laboratory of Neuroscience, NIA, NIH. Bethesda, MD. 1980 - 1984
- Alzheimer's disease biomarkers and risk factors
- Neuroimaging - applications in neurodegenerative disorders
- Cognitive reserve and mild cognitive impairment - prevention of cognitive decline
Associate Medical Director Wien Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogota, Colombia.
Resident in Internal Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC. Resident in Neurology / Psychiatry combined program, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC.
Geriatric Psychiatry Fellow, Western Psychiatric Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Behavioral disturbances in dementia
- Neuroimaging - applications in neurodegenerative and behavioral disorders
- Psychiatric manifestations of neurological disorders
David Loewenstein, Ph.D.
Director of Research, Wien Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders, Mount Sinai Medical Center
Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami School of Medicine
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology, Florida State University
- Internship in Clinical Psychology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Diplomate in Neuropsychology, American Board of Professional Psychology
- Effects of exercise and cognitive stimulation in mild cognitive impairment
- Cognitive testing in mild cognitive impairment and dementia
- Predictors of progression from mild cognitive impairment to dementia
Maria T. Greig-Custo, M.D.
House physician for the Wien Center for Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorder Clinic and the supervisor of Day to day Research Operation of the Florida ADRC.
University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Medical Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Hospital de Clinicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Internal Medicine Residency and Practicum, University of Buenos Aires, Hospital de Clinicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Training in child psychiatry. Outpatient Clinic for Child and Adolescent. "Hospital de Clinicas", School of Medicine. University of Buenos Aires.
- Department of Psychopathology and Psychiatry. Hosp. B. Rivadavia. Re-certification training in Psychiatry.
Alzheimer's disease and depression.