For the last 12 years, Mount Sinai has provided the community with vital memory screenings for seniors, free of charge. While they are not used to diagnose a particular illness, these screenings are the first step in determining whether an individual has memory problems and they can indicate whether he or she may benefit from a more complete medical visit. The Wien Center invites you or a loved one to participate in a complimentary screening if you want to assess your memory and other thinking skills (or use this information for future comparison) or if you:
- Confuse sense of direction and time
- Experience difficulty performing chores or using appliances and tools
- Forget recent events or conversations
- Forget names of friends or relatives
- Have difficulty handling finances
- Are grequently at a loss for words
- Misplace possessions
- Repeat questions
- Show changes in mood and/or personality
If you are at least 50 years of age, call (305) 674-2037 to schedule a complimentary appointment. We provide services five days a week at our Miami Beach location. Memory screenings take approximately 45 minutes to an hour to complete. The results are sent in two to four weeks.
Mount Sinai Medical Center
4300 Alton Road, MRI Bldg.
Miami Beach, FL 33140