Mount Sinai's International Center is dedicated to meeting the needs of patients and their families who visit us from all over the world. Mount Sinai is centrally located on Miami Beach -- a city rich in cultural diversity, which makes it a vibrant international destination. The medical center is just 10-15 minutes directly east of Miami International Airport, and 30-40 minutes south of Fort Lauderdale International Airport.
At the International Center, our team takes great pride in providing highly personalized services. The staff members of the International Center are compassionate and sensitive to the special needs of all cultures and they strive to make every patient's experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Mount Sinai provides personalized liaison (concierge) services such as:
- Coordination of hospital, physician and diagnostic appointments
- Assistance in finding physicians/specialists within your insurance network
- Physician referral services
- Coordination of executive health physicals
- 24-hour translation services in more than 30 languages
- 24-hour emergency services, including air ambulance transfer coordination
- Travel arrangement assistance (letters for travel visas and flight changes, short-term and long-term lodging, transportation options to and from the hospital)
- Assistance with financial concerns:
- Coordination with primary insurance and travel assistance companies
- Estimates and discounted package pricing for uninsured, self-paying patients
- Coordination of advanced deposit payments (wire transfers, etc.)
- Transfer of medical records Click here to download a HIPPA authorization form
- Orientation around Mount Sinai campus as needed Click here for campus map
- Fulfilling any special nutritional or spiritual needs
- Assistance with any pending concerns after your discharge from the hospital
Contact the International Center
You can reach us Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. eastern time. For after-hours and weekend assistance, please follow the instructions on the voicemail for emergencies.
International Center: (305) 674-2150
From outside the United States, you may call toll-free: 1-877-674-2774.
For Physician Referrals: 305-674-CARE (2273)
For discounted self-pay packages: 305-674-2774
The International Center can provide advanced estimates for most inpatient and outpatient diagnostic services (such as CT scans, MRIs, X-Rays or extensive blood work) if you do not have insurance or if your insurance does not cover certain hospital services. Our staff can also assist with the handling of deposits, wire transfers and other financial matters before, during and after your visit.
We will provide a quote for all hospital charges for uninsured international patients prior to your consultation or at the time of treatment. However, please note that these are estimated charges and may not reflect the final bill. If the charges are less than the payment received, we will promptly refund the difference.
If you are insured, we will also work closely with your insurer(s) to make sure all paperwork is filed properly and that you receive the maximum coverage allowable by your insurer.
On rare occasions, we may need to inform you during your stay that an additional deposit is required. This occurs when the treatment costs exceed the initial deposit. Should this happen, an International Liaison will contact you.
Mount Sinai requires payment in full prior to any treatment. For your convenience, we readily accept payment in the form of credit cards, traveler's checks, certified checks and wire transfers. Wire transfer for patients must be received 24 hours prior to treatment. Private rooms and suites are available at an additional cost. Please contact the International Center in advance to request a private room or suite. Due to limited availability, private rooms cannot be reserved in advance. They must be requested on the day of admission.
Please note that the self-pay fees quoted to you by Mount Sinai are for hospital inpatient or outpatient fees, as well as for any related radiology and pathology professional fees. They do not include fees for services rendered by any other professionals, including, but not limited to: anesthesiologists, physicians and surgeons. Please make arrangements to coordinate these fees directly with their offices.
If you have any additional questions about your financial arrangements or fees during or prior to your hospitalization, please feel free to contact a financial counselor at 305-674-2774.
WHAT TO BRING TO MOUNT SINAI
Please make sure to bring all of your medical records and diagnostic materials to your medical appointment, if you have not sent them beforehand. The following items will be required to schedule your first appointments:
- Your passport or other valid form of ID
- Demographic information, including name, home address, phone contact (including local contact number or cell), date of birth
- Detailed insurance information, including insurance name, policy and group number, insurance contact phone number
- If you are a government-sponsored patient, please bring a letter of authorization from your embassy
- Full medical records, including all related exams and surgery reports, treatment records and laboratory results
- All films (old and current) from imaging studies such as X-Rays, MRIs and CT scans, along with any other relevant reports
You may find the following list helpful when packing for your inpatient visit:
- Slippers with non-skid soles
- Pajamas, nightgown or loungewear and a robe (Mount Sinai provides hospital gowns, however, many patients find that wearing their own sleepwear makes their inpatient stay more comfortable)
- General toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, cosmetics, shaving kit)
- Containers for eyeglasses, contact lenses, dentures, and/or hearing aid
- Reading materials, including books, magazine, crossword puzzles, etc.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Expensive jewelry or other valuables
- Electrical appliances