Seventeen positions are offered at Mount Sinai Medical Center’s Allopathic Internal Medicine Residency Program each year.
Mount Sinai Medical Center participates and accepts applications only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). In addition, your application will only be considered if you are enrolled in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). You must contact your medical school for delivery of your application, transcripts, Dean’s letter and faculty recommendations to our program via the internet.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DEADLINE FOR APPLYING THROUGH ERAS IS DECEMBER 31.
- 1105140C0 Categorical Program
- 1105140P0 Preliminary Program
Required Documents For Application
1. Letters of Recommendation: At least three letters of recommendation that attest to your personal qualifications and to your scholastic and clinical ability. One of these should be from the Chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine or the Internal Medicine Clerkship director. If your medical school does not provide this service, a letter from an Internal Medicine faculty member who has worked with you closely will suffice.
2. Transcripts/Diploma: A copy of your most recent medical school transcript should be included in your application. International medical graduates should also include a copy of their medical school diploma.
3. USMLE Scores: Copies of your actual USMLE test scores should be included with your application.
International Medical Graduates
- USMLE scores of 80 or higher on both parts and some U.S. experience strengthen your application.
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the past five years.
- Applicants must have passing scores on the USMLE Step 1 to obtain an interview.
- Applicants must have excellent English comprehension and speaking skills.
Upon receipt of the completed application, our selection committee will review all materials. Invitations for interviews will be offered via e-mail from Carlene Baroody, Program Coordinator. Selected applicants are interviewed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, November through early February.
Inquiries may be directed to Ms. Carlene Baroody, Program Coordinator, via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (305) 674-2053.
Final confirmation for appointment shall be subject to a satisfactory health examination conducted by the MEDICAL CENTER’s Employee Health Services Department, such physical examination to include a screening test for the presence of non-prescribed substances, alcohol, and nicotine products. Offers of appointment to prospective employees who test positive for nicotine will be rescinded.